The April 2015 edition of the chapter newsletter, “The Squibber,” is now available. Members, check your email for a plain text copy of the newsletter and instructions on how to get a .pdf version.
Submissions for future editions can be sent to Squibber editor Walt Cherniak at email@example.com. Keep sending us those squibs, and those ideas for squibs!
– Details on “SABR Day at the Nats,” the biennial chapter gathering for a game at Nationals Park, on Saturday, June 6, 2015, with guest speaker George F. Will
– Back-to-back Rookies of the Year, by Jeff Stuart
– What It’s Like to Play Single-A Baseball, by Greg Larson
– Museum discounts of interest, by Patrick Dickerson
– Talkin’ Baseball upcoming schedule, by David Paulson
– D.C. Grays fundraiser, by Thom Loverro
– Other chapter news and notes
TRIVIA QUESTION: In the 10 seasons the Nationals have played in Washington, who posted the highest single-season on-base percentage?
Trivia answer: Nick Johnson posted a .428 on-base percentage in 2006, third best in the National League